Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More Introduction! (This is the end I promise)

Hello to whomever reads this (Although at this point it is likely just Mike and I)

I'm the counter-balance to this blog, although Mike hasn't done anything crazy with it, yet. My name is Ian and I'll be using this little writing space to keep me motivated in painting my army. Although I will claim that I do not compete with Mike, this is probably the reason this tactic works, I see the pictures of Mike's completed models and I want to finish more to one-up him.

I play Imperial Guard, just that, since if you play Guard you really don't need any other army...
Unless you want to win. In all seriousness though, I will be putting pictures up within the next couple of days with my army in all of its unfinished glory.

I also partake in the Xbox 360 where I Halo, Mass Effect and Dead Rising currently hold a place in my heart. I am also working my way towards a new computer for when school starts up again in the fall, on the computer I am an avid RTS fan, salivating over the awesome releases of Sins of a Solar Empire, Age of Empires III, Command and Conquer 3.

As you can tell if you've ventured this far in the post is that I'm quite long winded, this is why I believe I'm more of a counter balance, whereas Mike is short and to the point, I often go on and on and... Well you get the picture, I can only hope what I scroll down on these electronic pages is worth reading.

I've collected my Warhammer 40k Army is spurts, I was introduced last spring when I bought my first Basilisk, which was shortly followed by my own Battleforce. As an self-respecting Guard commander would do, I then proceeded to collect eleven other tanks and a pile of infantry, all of which need to be painted now. I enjoy playing the most, although I often find myself fulfilling the main guard objective, that being "Die to the last man".

In the future I will be posting Painting Updates, Battle Reports, and especially epic video games and board game match ups. For now, I can only say that after I long and arduous trek, I have finally gained summer employment. However, it doesn't start until June, so I have half a month to catch up to Mike in the painting scheme.

Soon to come: Pictures of the Guard!

Ian

No comments: